Cuties perspective from a family therapist who works with young girls:
“The newest movie "Cuties" seems to be causing quite the stir due to the graphic sexual scenes that are soft, child pornography. I chose to watch the movie and draw my own conclusion.
*Warning: This post may be a bit much for some*
The exploitation of young girls is not the first thing you need to be worried about with the show. As a family therapist who works with young girls, Cuties is far more damaging than the graphic dance scenes.
1) The movie portrays the "cool girls" (AKA Cuties) as the desirable group to be a part of. The main character overhears the group of girls watching pornography and discussing the normalization of providing blow jobs and discussing the importance of penis size.
2) Next, the girls watch a video of (supposedly) older girls dancing and then flashing the camera in order to get "likes" on social media.
3) As older men (with facial hair) attempt to hit on the girls and ask their age, the girls respond "14" and tell the new girl that this should always be her response.
4) While video chatting with a older male, the girls keep the camera off while asking him if he would like to "touch my tits."
5) After teaching herself to grind on the floor and twerk, the main character twerks for two VERY old security guards in order to avoid being arrested.
6) After being caught stealing an older, male's phone (maybe family member), the main character starts to undress in front of him (assuming this will encourage him to give her the phone). He pushes her away and she hides in the restroom. She proceeds to post a photo of her vagina to social media. She does this as a response to another girl pantsing her at school and revealing her "child-like" underwear.
For those of you who made it this far into the post without finding the need to vomit, this is called GROOMING. I am much less concerned (although still concerned) about the graphic humping and grinding dance scenes and far more worried about young children watching this show and thinking:
"This is how I become a woman."
"This is how I get attention."
"This is how I get what I want."
"This is how I behave as a respectable woman."
This show is grooming young girls that it's "cool" and normal to seek out the attention of an older male, it's acceptable to act like a stripper if it makes me part of the "cool group", and to get out of trouble or attain things I want, I should seduce men and give them what they want.
I have never been more concerned over a show. This movie needs to be exposed for what it is.... a TOOL FOR GROOMING YOUNG GIRLS.”
If you still find yourselves justifying this film, I’ll guess we shall expect your daughters to be on the sequel!
P.S. over 600 half naked girls auditioned for this film in front of male producers. May I add that the child’s breasts are also exposed for a mature audience to see. Anyone that defends this is SICK!
Posted by Bella Vee